Monday, January 24, 2011

Vertebrate Comparisons

Class Mammalia vs. Class Amphibia

Male rat (Mammalia) and male bullfrog (Amphibia).
Mammalia
Thermoregulation - hair, sweat glands.
Mammary glands - produce milk.
Viviparous development - retained within body of female to keep warm.
Nourishment - blood vessels through placenta (allows exchange of nutrients and wastes).

Amphibia
Metamorphosis -  aquatic and terrestrial life.
Lack of amniotic sac - lay eggs in moist environments.
Ectothermic (cold-blooded) - body temperature regulated by external environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    My name is Radek and I've one question about your photos, I dont't know how to send you a message via this blog, so please contact with me, my e-mail address is outbredband@gmail.com

    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete